I use the following software fairly often, and I thought I would list them out in no particular order, in case anyone else finds themselves looking for a sweet set of tools for their toolbox. I’ve tried to list any applications I use exclusively on a particular platform with that platform listed afterwards in parenthesis, and anything without a restriction I just list the name.
- Visual Studio (Windows only)
- Visual Studio Code (Mac only)
- JetBrains various IDEs per technology - PHPStorm, WebStorm, RubyStorm, etc.
- Google Chrome [for development and general browsing]
- OneDrive / DropBox
- iMessages (Apple products only)
- Unity 3D
- Alfred (Mac only, with the Premium pack)
- Navicat Premium
- Cloud App
- Collective (Mac only)
- Safari [for testing only]
- Firefox [for testing only]
- Microsoft Edge [for testing only]
- Sublime Text – stopped using, for the most part.
- Atom (Mac only) – stopped using, for the most part.
- VMWare Fusion (Mac only) – stopped using, for the most part.
- Wave - for invoicing
- Gmail - for email
- Office 365 - for document collaboration
- Basecamp - for project & company management